Monday, March 26, 2012

Replication does detect Mirrored Source Fail Over

I'm trying setup a proof of concept for a client but I’m having issues with mirroring and replication.

With the help of http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms151799.aspx I’ve done the following..

The setup is as follows, I have several instances of SQL Server

A+B are mirrored with each other, with A being the principle and B the mirror

C is the distributor

E is subscribes to A, with parameters for PublicationFailoverPartner set to B

The mirroring between A+B works fine, I can manually fail each and the databases keep in step.

Without testing the mirroring failover, the replication between A+C+E also works.

However when I test the mirror to failover between A+B no transactions are replicated though to E. The publication moves from A to B in the Server Management Studio.

The logs state that the log reader agent can not gain access to A, however nothing is recorded regarding any attempts to contact B. In the replication monitor the error message

"The concurrent snapshot for publication ABCXYZ is not available because it has not been fully generated of the Log Reader Agent is not running to activate it. If generation of the concurrent snapshot was interrupted, the Spapshot Agent for the publica..." (cut off).

"the process could not execute 'sp_replcmds' on 'A'

I have checked that the SQL Server Agents are running on all agents,

I have checked that that server B is set at the PublisherFailoverPartner on server C agent configuration, I'm now at a lost as to what is wrong,

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Pls do not duplicate

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1958649&SiteID=1

|||

Sorry about this Deepak, I had duplicated this as I though I had lost my original post, it was just in anothor forum,

appologies for being a Topic Hog

No comments:

Post a Comment