Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Replication error

Hi,
I get the following error when I select Replication --> Configure Publisher...
from EM
"the passed ordinal is out of range of the specified collection"
didnt find any article on KBHave you thought of trying this Op from a different Client & poss SQL Box

Please advise Version in use etc

All I get when I do this on my home box is SQL Server Replication does not allow nicknames, but I'm not bothered - I've no one to replicate with @. the Mo anyway ;-(

GW|||version is
SQL Server 2000 Evaluation Edition..

i had a testdb configured for repln ..
wanted to delete it...couldnt do tat cos it said 'db set for repln' bla bla..
learnt from a forum tat if u update sysdatabases's category to 0 it wud set it...
did tat...
now when i use EM for repln it gives me the error...

not sure if the above actions are responsible for it..

cos when i use a difft server i dont get that error...
same version...|||Please choose one or more

a) Format the Server and reinstall SqlServer and restore Backups ?

Good for Practice - but B Careful !!

b) Please stop F**ing about willy nilly with the System Tables

c) Change the sysdatabases's category back to what it used to be and if neccesary recreate the DB that you had marked for replication replicate it then unmount it properly.

Are you in a Live Production Environment ?

GW|||I re-installed SQL Server on the test m/c.
Now I have a snapshot repln set up.
I get the following error on the Subscriber.

'The license for this installation of SQL Server does not permit Log Reader Agent to run at the Distributor.'.|||OOooopps.

Your struck with Luck - I have no easy answer to this

GW|||Other than installing SP3 will probably sort it :-)

GW|||any document/article to support it??|||I would have serviced pack'd it up before doing anything with it first anyway

http://www.developmentnow.com/g/114_2004_1_0_0_443902/Strange-Licensing-error.htm

GW|||Thanks a lot..
Snapshot repln on track :)|||U Welcome

Can we assume that the Service Pack Sorted it ?

GW|||yeah SP3 did the trick...
i guess SP4 is out too..but few bugs been reported against it so applied SP3

No comments:

Post a Comment