Friday, March 30, 2012

replication error after database update

I have a system where I utilize merge replication between sqlserver2000 and
pocketpc sqlservece 2.0. The setup is very mature, and has been working fine
until I had my customer "refresh" the database with new data. We're still in
the testing phase, and the database I connect to is a copy of their live
one. After the database was restored from a backup of the live database, I
get the following error on the pocketpc when attempting to perform a merge.
Unique indexes and constraints cannot be created on columns that allow null
values
That's as descriptive as the error gets. I have a few questions:
Is there any place either on the server or the pocketpc that I can find a
log with more information. The publication has many articles with many
fields. I can remove one at a time and figure out which one is causing the
problem, but it will take lots of time. I was hoping to find some
information as to which table is causing the problem.
Also I'm having difficulty removing an article from a publication after
subscriptions have been pulled or attempted to be pulled. I've
re-initialized subscriptions, but the articles cannot be removed. What's the
procedure for doing this?
sorry about double post, I got an error message that the first one wasn't
sent!
"mgarner1980" <mgarner@.kbsi.com> wrote in message
news:%23aiSjpAeFHA.3028@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> I have a system where I utilize merge replication between sqlserver2000
and
> pocketpc sqlservece 2.0. The setup is very mature, and has been working
fine
> until I had my customer "refresh" the database with new data. We're still
in
> the testing phase, and the database I connect to is a copy of their live
> one. After the database was restored from a backup of the live database, I
> get the following error on the pocketpc when attempting to perform a
merge.
> Unique indexes and constraints cannot be created on columns that allow
null
> values
>
> That's as descriptive as the error gets. I have a few questions:
>
> Is there any place either on the server or the pocketpc that I can find a
> log with more information. The publication has many articles with many
> fields. I can remove one at a time and figure out which one is causing the
> problem, but it will take lots of time. I was hoping to find some
> information as to which table is causing the problem.
>
> Also I'm having difficulty removing an article from a publication after
> subscriptions have been pulled or attempted to be pulled. I've
> re-initialized subscriptions, but the articles cannot be removed. What's
the
> procedure for doing this?
>

No comments:

Post a Comment