Friday, March 30, 2012

Replication Error using Ras Connection win2003srv

I use Dial up (RAS) Connection for syncronize
If I disable my LAN syncronize success
but if I enable My LAN syncronize Fail (cannot connecting to subscriber)
It sounds like you lan connection can't resolve the host name of your subscriber, but it can for the ras dial up.
Can you try to check your hosts file entry for this subscriber? It will be in c:\%windir%\system32\drivers\etc and is called hosts. open it up in a text editor.
if it is not there check the client network setting for this server and verify that the ip address is valid.
Is the subscriber parked in the DMZ by chance? If so it may have a different address.
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
"Nur Firmanullah" wrote:

> I use Dial up (RAS) Connection for syncronize
> If I disable my LAN syncronize success
> but if I enable My LAN syncronize Fail (cannot connecting to subscriber)
>

No comments:

Post a Comment