Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Replication error 28037

I am using merge replication between SQL Server 2000 sp3a running on windows
2000 server sp4 and sql server ce 2.0 over gprs.
First time when I synchronize is working fine, but when I add or modify data
in sql server ce database and try to replicate over gprs I get error 28037
(A request to send data to the computer running IIS has failed), during this
time my pocket pc is connected with the server (it respond to ping from the
computer running sql server, and pocket ie shows SQL Server CE Server
Agent ).
I tried to test replication on another database on only one table, it works
ok first time but when I modify many records on pocket pc database (100) and
replication fails with error 28037. If I modify the same amount of records
on server replication is working.
When I get this error I can not longer replicate over gprs but with cradle
it works. After I replicate on cradle and there is not data modified if I
replicate over gprs it works.
I believed that the amount of data uploaded from pocket pc to sql server is
to much so I created a new default merge agent profile with
downloadgenerationsperbatch set to 10 and uploadgenerationsperbatch set to 1
and recreated the publication, but nothing changed.
Any suggestion is welcome
thanks
Marius
Marius,
I am having exactly the same problem...did you manage to find out any solution?
Are we the only two people in the worldusing merge replication over GPRS? I hope not!
Cheers,
Nick
Posted using Wimdows.net NntpNews Component -
Post Made from http://www.SqlJunkies.com/newsgroups Our newsgroup engine supports Post Alerts, Ratings, and Searching.
|||Hi Nick,
Till now I did not found any solution, we contacted microsoft support but
the problem still persist although I tried a hot fix and defined custom
merge agents. When we lead to a conclusion I'll let you know.
The strange thing is that the problem appears over GPRS with RDA also if
application try to pull a table that contains more then 20 changes (updates,
inserts, deletes), this number may vary but in small bounds.

> Marius,
> I am having exactly the same problem...did you manage to find out any
solution?
> Are we the only two people in the worldusing merge replication over GPRS?
I hope not!
> Cheers,
> Nick
> --
> Posted using Wimdows.net NntpNews Component -
> Post Made from http://www.SqlJunkies.com/newsgroups Our newsgroup engine
supports Post Alerts, Ratings, and Searching.

No comments:

Post a Comment