Friday, March 30, 2012

Replication fail(register fail)

Hi, there
I tried to replicate between the sql 2000 servers
As you know, In order to try to set up the replication, I need a sql server
name on the list box which is used to select the publisher and the
subscriber.
So I had tried to register SQL 2000 Server at the first time. but there is
now server name, so I had registered sql server using IP address.
and then setted up the replication. but one day sql server registered using
IP address removed and replication failed.
I think it's problem is because of the Network.
For the reference, two sql server don't locate under the same HUB and far
from each other. but they are on the same Subnet mask.
What should I check for fixing that problem?
Please, let me know.
Thanks in advance for your help,
Kelly Seo
can you ping the remote server? What does ping -a IpAddress return?
Hilary Cotter
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
http://www.indexserverfaq.com
"kelly seo" <jyseo@.tricom.co.kr> wrote in message
news:eaRlSybhFHA.1148@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi, there
> I tried to replicate between the sql 2000 servers
> As you know, In order to try to set up the replication, I need a sql
server
> name on the list box which is used to select the publisher and the
> subscriber.
> So I had tried to register SQL 2000 Server at the first time. but there is
> now server name, so I had registered sql server using IP address.
> and then setted up the replication. but one day sql server registered
using
> IP address removed and replication failed.
> I think it's problem is because of the Network.
> For the reference, two sql server don't locate under the same HUB and far
> from each other. but they are on the same Subnet mask.
> What should I check for fixing that problem?
> Please, let me know.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help,
> Kelly Seo
>
|||sure, of course
when I ping to the remote server, return the remote ip address.
"Hilary Cotter" <hilary.cotter@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:enCfPxfhFHA.2484@.TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> can you ping the remote server? What does ping -a IpAddress return?
> --
> Hilary Cotter
> Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
> http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
> Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
> http://www.indexserverfaq.com
> "kelly seo" <jyseo@.tricom.co.kr> wrote in message
> news:eaRlSybhFHA.1148@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> server
> using
>

No comments:

Post a Comment