Friday, March 30, 2012

Replication error with sqlserver mobile:A request to send data to the computer running IIS is fa

I have smilar kind of an issue with replication. I had sucessfully done replication with Sqlce2.0 on sql server 2000. In development machine I had VS 2003, sqlce development tools.

Now I use the same code done in VS 2003 into VS2005, it sucessfully converted the code.

In server machine (win 2003) I installed sql server 2000, sql server 2000 service pack 4, SP4 merge replication components, sql server 2005 mobile server tools and .Net framework 2.0. Created pubication sucessfuly. In this machine I configured IIS as per the web synchronization wizard. Gave anyonymous permissions. Virual direcory is created sucessfully. I tested the server agent in IE http://myservername/aliasname/sqlcesa30.dll.

SQL Server Mobile Server Agent 3.0 is shown

My application opened successfuly in windows mobile 5.0 Pocket PC emulator. When try to sync its dislays error "A request to send data to the computer running IIS is failed, see Hrresult"

No firewall in both development and server machines.

The same code works if its sqlce20 perfectly with vs2003 code. Not in this

Can anyone tell me whats wrong in this?

Regards

Arif

I have moved this to the SQL Mobile forum for someone in the SQL Mobile team to look at.

Thanks

Amit

|||

Hello All,

It worked for me. I read some of the messages in this forum and found that I need to connect the Windows Mobile PPC emulator using activesync. I did it and now its working fine.

I was now able to do sync with both PPC2003 on Sql server 2000 and sqlce20 (VS2003 environment)

AND also

Windows mobile 5 on Sql Server 2000, SQL Server SP4, SP4 replication components, Sql server mobile (VS2005) succesfuly

Thanks for the questions and responses in this forum

Arif

www.anteriorsoft.com

|||

Thanks a lot for your compliments!

Laxmi Narsimha Rao ORUGANTI, MSFT, SQL Mobile, Microsoft Corporation

No comments:

Post a Comment