Friday, March 30, 2012

replication error while copy data

Hi,
I have a transactional replication between SQL Server and Oracle. We already have the schema exist in both databases. So the the snapshut I check the 'If the table exists, leave it unchanged' box. But when the data start to load for the intial snapshut, I
got an error saying' The process encountered invalid column data in bcp file ...' for an existing table. How can me trace down which column has error? What is the data type for the Rowguid in my subscriber ( I do not have a rowguid column setup in the su
bscriber)?
Thanks
Hong,
was this error encountered when creating the snapshot file or when
distributing it to Oracle?
You can get some more (hopefully useful) info by logging:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=312292
HTH,
Paul Ibison
|||It is encountered when distributing it to Oracle.
Hong Wang
"Paul Ibison" wrote:

> Hong,
> was this error encountered when creating the snapshot file or when
> distributing it to Oracle?
> You can get some more (hopefully useful) info by logging:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=312292
> HTH,
> Paul Ibison
>
>
|||OK, then try the logging I mentioned but I had hoped that it was a snapshot
agent error, as this is almost certainly an Oracle issue - mapping of
datatypes etc. Anyway, let's see if the logging returns anything.
Regards,
Paul Ibison
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment